Houda’s apartment is one of the best stays we’ve done in Marrakesh. Of course it’s not the ONLY apartment you can book via Airbnb. We’ve now been 7 times with our children (aged 7 to 5.) We’ve stayed in hotels, villas & riads in Marrakesh but Houda’splace has definitively been one of our best stays. We usually book through Airbnb. You can get £25 off your first stay by signing up here>
Reasons to choose Houda’s apartment:
✅Great location 3 minute walk from the Menara Mall.
✅Perfect depth shared pool for younger kids.
✅Clean & stylish space.
Master bedroom with en suite. Plenty of cupboard space.
Balcony with a rack to dry clothes.
✅We were able to log into our Netflix on her smart TV. With Wifi access throughout the apartment, we were all able to keep ourselves busy when escaping the afternoon Summer heat.
✅Great air conditioning through out with each living space has it’s own control.
✅2 toilets, always a plus for larger families.
✅Clean towels, duvets & blankets were available.
✅The kitchenette had sufficient equipment to cook & dine with.
✅The small kitchenette was great for rustling up meals & snacks. With the Carrefour supermarket in the Menara Mall, you can get everything you need to self cater if you wish.
✅Small washing machine. An air drying rack outside. We managed to keep on top of our laundry.
✅Top Security guy outside, made us feel safe at all times.
✅Houda always responded to our questions in a timely manner.
There are only a few downsides.
1. The shower cubicle was a little small and made it a bit hard to shower the kids.
Plenty of towels, toilet tissue, soap & bath mats available.
2. There were no bed sheets for the sofa beds in the sitting area. We used the coverlettes instead since we didn’t want to make the sofas dirty in any way.
Houda’s apartment combines contemporary interior design with authentic Moroccan touches.
3. There are no sun loungers by the pool. So it’s a good idea to take a beach towel along or picnic blanket to relax on.
4. There is no daily cleaning although equipment is available to clean up after yourself. If you want the best of both, a hotel – apartment concept might be better for you.
5. This is a completely self-catering stay. It is possible to cook a meal easily and walk down to the Menara Mall for a meal out. But remember no room service here.
1. Have the Marrakechi breakfast at Victor Cafe in Menara Mall.
The Marrakechi breakfast was delicious & great value at around £4.
2. Watch the water fountain shows on weekend evenings from the Burger King terrace.
Who needs to go to the Burj Khalifa, when you can head to the Menara Mall ?
3. Taxis sitting up to 6 people should only charge 50 Dh to Jemaa el Fna or Carre Eden mall, so don’t get scammed !
Lots more top tips on my blog.
There is a money exchange bureau if you head left on the main road, instead of right towards the Menara mall. But we found the Revolut Card really easy to use & it gave us great exchange rates too. Get your FREE card here >
Ready to book ? Don’t forget to sign up for your £25 discount first using this link >
Find Houda’s apartment by clicking here>
Have you joined our dedicated Facebook Group, the Family Holidays Club ? Join now OR sign up for our weekly updates via email below.